Botox and Dysport are highly popular injectables that are employed to treat several skin concerns. These injectable medicines relax the facial muscles and aid in eliminating wrinkles, crow’s feet, frown lines, and forehead lines. Botox has been in the US market for a very long time and has been approved by FDA much earlier. Dysport has also been highly popular over the years and approved by FDA in 2009 with similar treatment benefits as Botox. If you want to know the suitability of both injectables, keep reading below.
Dysport decreases the appearance of wrinkles that majorly affects the glabella between the eyebrows. These are fine lines that extend vertically, upward towards the forehead. These lines are noticeable when the person frowns. Even though it may be natural, glabella lines can be more visible even when the face is relaxed. It is mainly due to the loss of collagen and the protein fibers that are responsible for elasticity. But Dysport is mainly advised for people who either have moderate to severe issues as it is not suitable for mild problems. The dermatologist can aid you in treating wrinkles by differentiating between moderate to mild situations. This procedure is usually done at the doctor’s office without the requirement of hospitalization and you can easily go back to your routine once the procedure is completed. Injectable experts will make use of an anesthetic to reduce any kind of discomfort during the procedure.
Botox is employed to treat crows’ feet and forehead lines along with the glabellar lines. The procedure is similar to that used in Dysport and performed at the doctor’s office without the need for any recovery time. Your skin specialist will decide the number of units required for the treatment, depending on the treatment region and skin type. Botox fillers work in the same way as Dysport as both have the same active botulinum toxin A. It will block the nerve signals to the region resulting in a smooth appearance. As there will be relaxation in the muscles, wrinkles and forehead lines will be eliminated for a scheduled period.
Both Botox and Dysport are employed to treat similar issues due to their similarities. But there will be changes in the dosage depending on many factors as decided by the expert. With all these aspects it is important to know the similarities between the two ingredients.
- As the skin ages, fine lines and wrinkles are developed in the skin of the face because of repeated muscle contractions from during everyday facial movements. While the activities like squinting and smiling may create crow’s feet around the eyes, raising the eyebrows will cause forehead lines.
- Both Dysport and Botox works on reducing fine lines and wrinkles by relaxing the muscle tissue to stop the muscles from contracting. When any of the products are injected into the target muscles there will be a blockage in nerve impulses that supervise muscle contractions. The reduced restriction in movement will cause similar effects of reducing the appearance of wrinkles.
- The outcomes produced by Dysport and Botox are temporary. After some time, there will be the initiation of nerve responses to the target region causing fading of the results. An expert injector will suggest accurate treatment regimens by following a precise treatment regime. Hence, it is important to follow the suggestions from your dermatologist to maintain the results from the injections.
What Makes Botox and Dysport Different?
- The biggest difference that is seen between Dysport and Botox is the number of units needed for treatment. As Dysport is a diluted compound that Botox, it may need more dosages than Botox for treatment. This reduction in concentration is mainly because Dysport employs smaller molecules of protein to cause relaxation in muscles. These small concentrations of protein molecules are harder to be broken down by the metabolic process in the human body making it favorable to stay longer among patients. This difference in concentration makes it useful to treat larger areas of the body than Botox. Dysport is found to effective in treating the wrinkles in the forehead, crows’ feet, and frown lines. It has shown positive results among patients when they are employed to treat moderate to severe wrinkles.
- Along with the differences in composition, Botox is also less variable in molecular weight. Botox measures a consistent molecular weight of 900 Kilodaltons while Dysport has high variability in protein sizes employed to offer its ingredients. These changes in variability cause one more key difference between the two products. Dysport gets the ability to diffuse easily through a huge region after the procedure implying that there will be a requirement of only a few injections to get the expected results. With the steadiness in the molecular weight of Botox, it can be employed to target more precise areas like the lines between the eyebrows, around the mouth, and beneath the eyes.
- Dysport works differently as it is injected in spreading to a larger region while Botox stays near the injection region. If you are targeting the large region like the forehead, then Dysport may be useful to spread to all the parts while Botox may be preferable for smaller regions like the eye region. Many similar skin concerns are treated by using both Botox and Dysport as they have similar ingredients, safety profiles, and functionalities. Since both the products are minimally invasive injectables, it is advised to always take the consultation from an expert skin specialist who can treat your specific skin issues.
With all these advantages in both Dysport and Botox, it is key in finding a medical center like Hush MedSpa that knows the complete muscle structure of the face and can provide the best for every individual. Our progressive aestheticians specialize in assisting our clients to attain healthy, attractive skin by offering medical-grade products and procedures. We are experts in helping you to be the best version of yourself with natural-looking results.